Friday, March 30, 2012

Sand Comas and Other Fun

I am looking out the window right now just praying for rain.  The clouds are grey and the potential is there, it just needs a little nudge.  I really, really, really want it to rain.  It is one of those days where the kids have sports tonight, but I am tired and sick, I need to pack myself and organize all the supplies for our Spring Break trip tomorrow, I need to finish my work-work, I need to run a few more errands .... having it rain right now would give me a such a big "whew."  But, if wishes were fishes we'd all be in the sea, so it will probably rain right after the game.  Oh well.

It is going be like a marathon to get to this vacation.  I feel like we will be literally limping onto the island. The kids were sick earlier this week, I'm running on fumes, and "things" just aren't done. But the pressure is on because I have put alot of eggs in this beach blanket.  I need this time to rejuvenate, get in better shape, to create memories with the kids, to connect with my spouse, help my dog Sadie overcome her fear of water, to try to successfully bake something - anything, and to learn to french braid.

That is the problem with me and vacations.  I set goals for my trips, which is the opposite of fun.  I need them to be pivotal, turn-the-corner moments in my life, when probably what I really need to is lapse into a sand coma for 7 days. 

So, as I write this, I have decided this trip will be about fun and not failures.  And that the best moments are the ones that are unexpected. This gives me some excellent, and slightly devilish, ideas ... stay tuned!

Until next time, keep on crowin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment