Friday, November 2, 2012

Greatest Hits

A good rule of thumb for any blog is to update it regularly. 

Dear 15 Readers, you are out of luck, because I got nothin'.  Not because there isn't anything to write about, but because there isn't anything HILARIOUS to write about.  I want this to be a place where I am lighthearted and breezy, but I'm fresh out of fun right now.

The reason is because of my child, who has been dealing with chronic pain for 2 months. I am not trying to complain, or make this a "woe is me" thing.  I know all people struggle with something.  My immediate family has tackled OCD, anxiety, marital stress, loss and economic hardship.  But we have always persevered.

This time has been different.  My child has missed so much school, and been so isolated.  Illness has a polarizing effect - people don't know what to do or say, so they stay away.  I get that, but it doesn't make it any easier.

So, rather than focus on my child's pain, or my fears, or the "what ifs" that are coming, I'd like to go into re-runs.  I invite you to browse the blog and find my best posts to enjoy. 

However, if you are still wanting for more, I am going to offer some inspirational videos that should uplift.  My experience has been that boy bands and Kristen Wiig make good therapy.






Until next time, keep crowin'. And if you pray, please do so for my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment